Saturday, March 22, 2014

Let's get this party started

Afternoon! I am just warming up so be prepared for more to come later as I work on the design, layout, and more importantly, the content! Let me first touch base on what to expect here since I do blog at Birdcage Media and when I can, Ginger Hawkins!


This blog is for the tom boy in me. I wanted a place where I can talk tech, sports, movies, and more. While there may be discussions here about my children, it will always be directly related to technology or sports.

Let me give a little background on myself and my likes:

I am a 34 year old mother and wife to a web developer. I was raised by an engineer who worked in the computing and network services at Kansas State University. I learned how to type without looking at the keyboard. I remember dial-up, as well as the ORIGINAL computers. I designed my own webpage in early 2000 through HTML and Javascript (no WYSIWYG)! In fact, it is still up, but massively overrun with ads and what not. It is simply, Heather's Homepage.

In addition to computers, I relied on the Tungsten T3 when it came out, and I still miss it. I have had a cell phone for as long as I remember and have experienced Virgin Mobile, Cricket, TracPhone, Sprint, and T-Mobile. I am partial to the Samsung Galaxy series as I have had them from the beginning. My very first smartphone was the Samsung Galaxy in 2009. I quickly hit the upgrade fever and currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3 but am hoping for the S5!

I mentioned that I was raised by a father who worked at Kansas State, and I am a diehard Catbacker. I follow all of their sports and support them all. I remember attending football games when they let you in free at half time. I am not a fair weather fan. My favorite sport is, however, football and it is the one I follow religiously.

I do follow professional sports as well, just not as "in love" with them. I support my local teams of Kansas City Chiefs, Kansas City Royals, and Sporting KC. I am a BIG fan of the Kansas City T-Bones, who are members of the Independent Baseball League. While I am not a fairweather fan ... I will joke about the Royals and Chiefs whom I feel are "starter" teams for the other teams in the United States. I personally feel that their problems are 100% due to poor ownership.

Finally ... Movies
While I am a girl and definitely like my chick flicks. I also am a geek. I enjoy watching Sci Fi, action movies, and the occasionally guy movie. I enjoy Shawn of the Dead, Space Balls, Running Man, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Gross Pointe Blank, So I Married An Axe Murderer, Fifth Element, Operation Petticoat, Overboard, and so much more!

So ... is there anything you want to know about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment